This weekend, we’ve got a special guest doing our fresh taste table — Kristyn Bopp.
Kristyn works at the Regional Food Bank with the program “Just Say Yes to Fruits and Vegetables.” The JSY program is a free SNAP nutrition education program that helps participants make healthier choices by teaching them simple and affordable ways to increase their fruit and vegetable intake. For more information on the Just Say Yes program check out www.jsyfruitveggies.org or email Kristyn at email@example.com.
Make sure to stop by, say hi to Kristyn, and taste the recipe for yourself.
Green Bean Stir Fry with Corn
Makes 6 servings
Adapted from Bon Apetit
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 4 cups chopped green beans
- 1 cup corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and jalapeno and cook 1 minute. Stir constantly.
- Add green beans, corn, and scallions. Mix well. Cook until green beans are soft, about 4-5 minutes. Stir often.
- Reduce heat to medium, add cilantro, soy sauce, and honey. Stir well. Cook 1 more minute.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.