Here is the second recipe for the Tasting Table coming up on March 13. Enjoy! And don’t forget to stop by and say “Hi” to our culinary geniuses — they’ll have samples of these recipes for you to try.
Kale Salad with Apples and Lentils
Download printable version
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1 t. salt
- 2 T. white wine vinegar
- 2 t. maple syrup
- 1 t. Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ t. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tart apples (such as Granny Smith), cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 ½ c. cooked brown lentils (or one 15 oz. can, rinsed and drained)
- Stir together olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup, ginger and salt in a large bowl.
- Add kale and, using your hands, rub kale leaves in with the vinaigrette.
- Add apples and lentils. Toss to coat. Season to taste.