On Sunday, February 21, Chef Shaw Ribadi, head chef at Apostrophe Cafe and Lounge, will have a tasting table featuring the following recipe. Be sure to stop by, say hi, and taste some of his delicious food. Click here for more information on Shaw.
Glazed Orange Carrots
Recipe by Shaw Ribadi.
Download “Glazed Orange Carrot” Recipe to Print
Inspired by other Moroccan dishes, this simple dish is delicious with many savory couscous and spicy meat dishes.
- 1 lb carrots peeled and cut into small rounds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 ½ cups chopped onions
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- The juice of 1 orange
- The rind of 1 orange
- Bring carrots to a boil until tender, drain and set aside.
- In a sauce pan heat the oil and butter and sauté the onions.
- Add the carrots to the onions and toss for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, orange juice and zest.
- Reduce heat and sauté for an additional 3-5 minutes.
Note: This could be served as a side dish with fish, chicken, or whatever you please. Any leftover carrots may be used as soup by adding a vegetable or chicken stock. Bring to a boil and puree with a hand held electric beater or immersion blender until you reach a creamy consistency. Enjoy!