Become a Member
Since 2008, Schenectady Greenmarket has built a popular and successful, producer-only, community marketplace. A group of driven community members started the organization and, to this day, Schenectady Greenmarket is run and staffed by local volunteers.
This is rare among farmer’s markets. Most markets are run either by vendors or by cities.
Our market is one of the only community-run markets in the country, which is particularly impressive considering the following:
- It is ranked as a Top 20 farmer’s market in the US;
- It supports over 70 small businesses (its vendors);
- It has donated over 8000 pounds of food since 2014;
- It processes thousands of dollars worth of SNAP benefits for low-income families; and
- It celebrates and promotes Schenectady 51 weeks out of the year.
We invite you you join us in Schenectady Greenmarket’s continued growth and development by becoming a member of our organization. Increased funding will be used to better promote the market in Schenectady — especially to those who lack access to fresh and healthy foods — and increase educational initiatives.
The market is a community-based organization that requires community support. We want to ensure that it remains a fixture in our city. For this to happen we must collectively support it and work together to improve Schenectady Greenmarket.
Please consider becoming a member and joining in that support by filling out the form below.