Adapted from recipe by Martha Rose Shulman.
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced with ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Steam the carrots until tender (~5 to 8 minutes). Rinse with cold water, drain on paper towels.
- Sauté garlic and cumin in 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large, heavy skillet for 30 seconds. Stir in carrots, pepper, and salt to taste for a few minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, remaining olive oil to taste, and parsley. Taste and adjust salt and lemon juice as desired. Serve at room temperature.